words to live by.......

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!!"

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

At last!!

Well, it has taken awhile, but I am all caught up!!!  My husband went out of town on Sunday and I did a non-stop sewing marathon.  I owed so many blocks that I could have made a quilt....well maybe not that many but I did owe 6!!!
This is July's block for LDQB (Long Distance Quilting Bee) I call this America's Favorite Past Time. (Sorry it took so long!!)

This is August's LDQB I call Keeping Time. (Not quite so bad!)

This is September's LDQB I call Fruit Basket (right on time!!)


August block for Hive B of OYGB (Orange You Glad Bee).


September's block for Hive B OYGB!


And finally.......I had to have this mailed by the 1st of October in order to have it included in a group quilt for Civil War Quilt 2011.  This is the Missouri Star!

It certainly feels good to be on top of things again.  I promise never to be THAT behind again.  It was getting to the point of being embarrassed to even get on flickr because I was so behind.  See I am not that bad of a guild member.

Now to share a few pictures of Whiskers, I will tell you ahead of time, he did not get hurt, it just looks like he did!

He was asleep, yes asleep!  I had my husband run down and check on him after I took the picture...........

See.....all better, he was just being lazy!

So now that I am all caught up on sewing I need to continue to get my sewing room in order, I really don't know if that ever is going to happen.  I keep finding the strangest things in there.  Funny how it became the catch all room!  You know what they say......out of sight out of mind!  So true.

So until we meet again, be safe, be kind and do the things that make you smile!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks!
    The horse pictures are so funny-thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of Whiskers! And way to go getting caught up, proud of you!

    ReplyDelete