words to live by.......

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!!"

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baby it's cold outside!!!

Yes, I know it has been awhile since I have updated......a LONG while!!!!  But I promise I have not been idle.

I have to admit I am addicted to Pinterest......I have to have a daily fix of pins, can't help myself. But, I have actually used some of the recipes, and they where yummy. I have started a quilt from one pin and I did this........


the only thing I added was the rubber bands.  Since they are on the inside of my "baking cabinet", every time I open it they "clang" so adding the rubber band keeps them from making all that noise. 

But that is not all I have been doing to keep me busy.  I have a friend in Florida who's grand daughter got herself a new American Doll (a girl after my own heart!!) and she asked me to make her a cheerleading outfit for it.  So, I have been working on that.  When I finish it I will post a picture of it.  I am also hand quilting a blanket, which I will post when it is complete also.  I am also sending her this summer outfit......

But that's not all, I am still working on my DH postage stamp quilt, which I have decide to quilt as I go, and this is one of the blocks quilted....

front and back.  I think it look really good.  Of course I have and million and 2 more blocks to go!!!!!!  Only kidding.  I am hoping to have this finished by his birthday in October.  I started it January 2010.  But remember I am hand piecing and hand quilting.  Each square is 1 1/2 inches.

So, I am keeping busy and with that said I will leave you with......

3 comments:

  1. I love the cabinet organization!! And the quilts are great too! Way to keep busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wish I had cabinets I could do that with!! nO REALLY! I have zero cabinets in my kitchen! Darn old house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your postage stamp block is wonderful! I love it.

    ReplyDelete